Unattended hash browns on stove start kitchen fire


fire-generic-120913

FAIRFIELD (KRON) — A kitchen hearth in Fairfield brought about about $fifty five,000 in injury to a single-household house in Fairfield on Monday morning, in accordance with Fairfield Hearth Battalion Chief Matt Luckenbach stated.

The hearth occurred within the 500 block of San Marco Road at round 9:20 a.m., firefighters stated.

A lady was cooking hash browns in oil on a range after which went to examine on her younger son, Luckenbach stated. That’s when the oil caught hearth and ignited the kitchen cupboards.

Firefighters knocked down the hearth by 9:30 a.m., Luckenbach stated.

The hearth burned the kitchen and despatched smoke all through the home, displacing two adults, 5 youngsters and a canine, Luckenbach stated.

No accidents have been reported.

Bay Metropolis Information contributed to this report.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *