Toddler seriously injured in Englewood house fire



CHICAGO — A toddler is seriously injured after a house fire on the South Side.

The fire started around 9 p.m. Wednesday near 56th and Damen in the city’s Englewood neighborhood.

According to the Chicago Tribune, officials say the fire broke out due to a space heater that was too close to flammable material. The home also had no working smoke detectors and improper power connections.

The 1-year-old victim is getting emergency treatment this morning.

The fire caused enough damage to displace three adults and a child.

This is a developing story. Check back for details.




Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *