GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — The Be a Santa to a Senior program wants your assist to unfold vacation cheer to seniors dwelling within the Grand Rapids space.
“In 2006, our franchise firm had truly observed that there was a scarcity in our group for the seniors who’re financially troubled, who would principally be alone this vacation season — no household, no buddies,” Crystal LeFaive of Residence As an alternative Senior Care advised 24 Hour Information eight Tuesday.
Anybody who needs to take part can get a tag from a Be a Senior to a Senior tree at one in every of eight places in metro Grand Rapids, buy one thing a senior wants after which drop it off. Residence As an alternative Senior Care companions with native faculties to wrap and hand-ship the presents.
Seniors who want to get a present can attain out to the Grand Rapids Housing Fee or Meals on Wheels.
LaFaive stated she’s seen “a tremendous turnaround” from seniors who take part.
“It’s a reference to humanity. They really feel misplaced, alone and forgotten, and we’re there to ensure that they’re conscious that folks on the market locally truly consider them,” she stated.
Right here’s the place you possibly can decide up a tag:
- Walmart, 4542 Kenowa Ave. SW, Grandville, MI
- David Service Regulation, 4965 East Beltline, Grand Rapids, MI
- Kentwood Senior Middle, 355 forty eighth St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI
- The Village of Heather Hills, 1157 Medical Park Drive, Grand Rapids, MI
- Sarah Care, 2211 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI
- Sarah Care, 2024 Well being Drive SW, Suite B, Wyoming, MI
You may also name 616.988.7878 or 616.988.5155 for extra details about this system.