Class will resume at common time Thursday after an influence outage and an overheated, smoking elevator motor shut down Santa Cruz Excessive Faculty on Wednesday morning, Santa Cruz Metropolis Faculties officers stated.
Class was referred to as off Wednesday after an outage began three a.m. Wednesday, Superintendent Kris Munro stated.
“There was no mild within the loos or the hallways so it wasn’t protected,” Munro stated.
A fireplace additionally was suspected within the elevator mechanical room, she stated.
A smoke alarm in the primary elevator shaft notified authorities a few potential hearth about eight:forty five a.m., Santa Cruz Hearth Chief Jim Frawley stated.
Nobody was within the elevator, he stated. There have been no flames seen, Frawley stated.
The elevator stays out of service, Munro stated.
“We’re engaged on a plan to mitigate that,” Munro stated. “We don’t have any college students who want day by day entry.”
The smoke was contained to the mechanical room, Munro stated.
About 1,one hundred college students attend the highschool.