SOUTH LYON (WWJ) – In case you’ve eaten at a coney island restaurant in South Lyon inside the previous two weeks — this warning is for you.
The Oakland County Well being Division is advising anybody who has labored or eaten at Lucas Coney Island on Pontiac Path, simply north of 9 Mile Street, that they could have been uncovered to measles.
The warning applies to anybody who visited, labored, or dined on the restaurant between eleven a.m. and three:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 29. Un-vaccinated people who have been on the restaurant between these occasions ought to name a physician if they’ve any indicators or signs of the illness.
The Michigan Division of Well being and Human Providers says a non-Oakland County resident who was contagious however with none signs was on the restaurant throughout that point.
“Measles is a extremely contagious respiratory an infection,” Leigh-Anne Stafford, well being officer for Oakland County, stated in a press release. “If uncovered, roughly ninety % of people that haven’t been vaccinated or beforehand had measles will develop the illness.”
The Well being Division recommends employees and friends who have been on the restaurant throughout the time-frame:
- To watch for sickness with fever and/or an unexplained rash till Oct. 20 (21 days after potential publicity)
- If signs develop, keep at house and name your well being care supplier or Oakland County’s Nurse on Name at 800-848-5533. Please name forward to the healthcare supplier you propose to go to to allow them to take correct precautions to stop publicity to different people.
- To evaluate vaccination historical past.
- Get vaccinated when you’ve got not already had measles or two MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccinations
“On this case, publish-publicity vaccination is just not efficient since we’re previous a seventy two-hour preventative window,” Stafford stated. “Any unvaccinated particular person, nevertheless, ought to think about vaccination for future safety.”
Measles is unfold by way of the air by sneezing and coughing or by individual to individual direct contact. The virus can stay for as much as two hours on a floor or within the air the place the contaminated individual coughed or sneezed and might be transmitted 5 days earlier than and 4 days after a rash seems. Vaccination can also be advisable inside seventy two hours of a potential measles publicity.
Signs often start 10-12 days after publicity and should embrace:
- Fever, feeling sick and lack of urge for food (Two to 4 days earlier than look of rash)
- Tiny white spots on the internal cheeks, gums, and roof of the mouth surrounded by redness (One to…